Carrot ginger soup
- 600 gr cleaned carrots sliced
- large thumb size ginger (3 tbs finally chopped)
- 1 onion
- 3 tsp medium curry powder (heaped)
- 1/4 tsp medium/hot chilli powder
- 2 cups water (if using pressure cooker 1 cup only)
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 10 fresh mint leaves
Put the onions, carrots, ginger, spices and water into a pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and cook for about 20 min until carrots are soft. You may need to add bit more water if carrots start to stick to the bottom.
Then add almond milk and blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
At the end, add finely chopped fresh mint leaves and let the carrot ginger soup rest for 5 – 10 min before serving. This will allow the mint aroma to infuse in the entire soup.
Note: I love to make this soup in a pressure cooker to save time.