- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 0.25 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbs poppy seeds
- 0.25 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pot of fruit puree (110 gr)
- 14 – 16 whole dates (without pits)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
For the icing:
- 0.75 cup kidney beans (no salt/sugar added, drained)
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 10 whole dates
- 1.5 tbs dark coco powder unsweetened
- a drop of almond milk
- quick cooking oats (if needed)
Put all dry ingredients for the muffins into a bowl and mix well.
Put washed dates, fruit puree and a drop of milk from your 1/2 cup into a food processor and process until smooth.
Add the whole mixture and the rest of the milk into the bowl and mix well. If you feel the dough is a bit too wet, just add a few more oats.
Fill up silicon forms and bake muffins at 175 degrees for 25 – 30 min until golden brown.
While muffins are in the oven put all ingredients for icing into a food processor and process until smooth. Icing should be smooth and thick so it easily holds on top of the muffin.To make it more condensed you can add a tbs of oats and process again.
Put icing into the fridge for 15 min and when muffins cool down put the icing on top of each and