Nutty Kale Salad
- 1 bag kale (about 250 gr)
- 0.75 cup cannellini beans
- handful of natural almonds (with their skin on)
- 1/2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 – 2 inch piece of peeled ginger (depends on your preference)
- 0.75 cup raisins (or 1/2 cup whole pitted dates)
- 0.25 – 0.5 cup water
Wash the kale and remove the hard core-stems leaving only the leaves. You can chop the leaves into smaller pieces if you prefer and put into a large bowl.
Put all other ingredients into a food processor and mix until well combined.
If the dressing comes out too thick, add a bit more water. (Also, if you’d like it to be sweeter, add a few more raisins or dates.)
Pour the dressing over the kale and, using your hands, massage it into the leaves until they are well covered. You can serve immediately but it tastes best after being chilled in the fridge for about 30 minutes.