Summer Bean Salad
- 1 cup chickpea, drained with no salt/sugar added (1 tin)
- 1 cup red kidney beans, drained with no salt/sugar added (1 tin)
- 1 cup corn (defrosted)
- 0.75 cup sugar snap peas cut into pieces
- 0.75 cup chopped red pepper
- handful chopped parsley and coriander
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except for lemon juice, balsamic and herbs.
In a small cup mix lemon juice and balsamic well. Pour dressing over the salad, garnish with herbs and mix well.
Let it sit in the fridge for an hour to allow the flavours to blend. Then mix one more time before serving and enjoy.
Tip: Play with fresh herbs a little and use any combination of your favourites. Mint and coriander match up nicely too.