- 1 small onion chopped
- 250 gr white button mushrooms cut into chunks
- 4 stalks of asparagus cut into thirds
- 2 handfuls of kale chopped into pieces, stems removed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or any other leftover grain
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- chilli flakes as needed
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Put asparagus pieces on a dry frying pan and roast them for about 5 minutes on medium heat turning on occasion until they brown a little. Then add chopped onions and stir fry for 2 minutes on high heat. If it starts to stick, add 1 tbs of water.
When you see the onions caramelising, add mushrooms, kale, balsamic vinegar and spices and stir fry all, while still on high heat, for another few minutes until the mushrooms are roasted.
Finally, add rice and chopped kale and cook for another 2 minutes until all is heated up and mixed well.